Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Endocrinologist Part 2

After the taking of blood last week, my results confirm what the regular doctor told me -what?- two months ago? My pituitary is under performing, causing a cascade failure of my endocrine system. Or to put it the way the Endocrinologist's assistant said, "The chemicals in your brain are screwy. They're not working right." We've all known that forever, right? By that description, I think I might be able to get out of felony convictions...hmm.... Anyway, flash back to that last visit with the regular doctor when he said, "A couple of the hormones will come in pill form and the third is either in gel form that gets rubbed into your skin, like on your forearm, or by shot. But the gel should be fine." Guess what? I get the shot. In my hip. The "liquid" has the consistency of syrup. Every two weeks for now. More info in two weeks, when Shannon gets to learn how to give me shots! Yea!

XOXO-
Brian