Friday, May 1, 2009

Simply: Wolverine Review

I think that X-Men Origins - Wolverine is my favorite X-Men movie. Shannon tells me that the internets are full of hate & bile over the train-wreck that is Wolverine. I'm not even gonna look. I enjoyed it. I thought the story was decent, I thought there was plenty of action, and, for the first time in recent memory, I didn't mind the fact that "they" could chose any good story from 30+ years of source material but instead make up their own (usually pale shadow of a) story. There were enough bits and pieces of "real" Wolverine back story to make it a nice "comic book movie". Granted, we are dealing with a character who, by his very nature, could have ANY back story anyone would want to give him. Anyway, anybody who didn't enjoy this movie just wants to hate, in my opinion.

XOXO-
Brian