Wednesday, September 9, 2009

It's all fun and games until... PART 3

The saga of my eye continues and gets a friend.

About a week before the eye incident, I when in for a routine checkup. After some blood tests came back indicating some low hormone levels, I had the blood tests done last week that showed that my pituitary gland was under-preforming. Basically a cascade failure of my entire endocrine system. Yea! So, this morning, I spent 45 minutes having my brain scanned by MRI. The beat, by the way, of the MRI machine seems to fit perfectly with the beat of "Funk Soul Brother", except for the fact that it goes on for the better part of an hour. (So, it must be the super-extended dance mix.) Anyway, I get the results for this new test on Friday and then get to visit an endocrinologist to find out if I get to take medications for the problems for the rest of my life, or get to take the medications AND have surgery. Don't'cha just love life?

XOXO-
Brian